Document Updated 18.08.2018 13:08:23 GMT
I. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The Estonian Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Prevention act, requires that financial institutions obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens or owns an account. This requirement applies to all customers. This information is used to assist the government of Republic of Estonia in the fight against money-laundering activities and the funding of terrorism.
To comply effectively with the provisions of this act we must collect, verify, and record the following data.
1. "Personal Data" means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. "Anonymous Data" means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons.
2. We may collect Personal Data from you, such as:
• a) first and last name
• b) e-mail
• c) birth date
• d) government issued identification
• e) photos
• f) company name
3. We may also collect other Personal Data provided by third party identity verification services or via social networking websites.
4. If you tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device or computer to send us your location), we may store that information.
5. Certain services, such as two-factor authentication, may require our collection of your phone number. We may associate that phone number to your mobile device identification information.
6. If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, to provide you a customized reply.
7. We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily when seeking support services, such as email, information submitted via online form, video conferencing service information, other contact information, or other information provided to the staff.
8. We may collect other data, including but not limited to, referral URLs, your location, blockchain analytics information related to blockchain addresses you provide.
Information automatically collected by servers:
1. Our servers collect the following information:
• a) Browser type
• b) Operating system
• c) Internet Protocol (IP) Address
• d) Domain name
• e) Time stamp of visit
• f) Internet service provider
• g) Clickstream data
• h) Referring/exit pages
2. We also use "cookies" to collect information.
3. We retain information on your behalf, such as transactional data and other session data linked to your Account.
II. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
1. facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
2. identify you and perform identity verification through a service provider;
3. provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
4. improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
5. send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
6. send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as account activity, transaction processing, security or support and maintenance advisories;
7. identify, prevent, and report potentially suspicious, fraudulent, or illegal activities;
8. notify you about important changes to our Terms; and
9. respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests.
All data collected automatically will be used to administer or improve our services for your benefit.
1. We use IP address to make our Site and Services more useful to you, and to perform identity verification.
2. We use information from log files to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movements around the Site, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Services to your needs. We do not link this automatically-collected data to Personal Data.
3. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site functionality.
XRP UNITED OÜ does not sell user data to any third party.
III. INFORMATION SHARING
1. It may be necessary to disclose your information to comply with any law, subpoenas, court orders, or government request, defend against claims, investigate or bring legal action against illegal or suspected illegal activities, enforce our Terms, or to protect the rights, safety, and security of XRP UNITED OÜ, our users, or the public.
2. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; to verify your identity; and/or to provide other services to the Company. These third-party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by XRP UNITED OÜ.
www.xrpunited.com website may contain links to other third-party websites which are regulated by their own privacy policies. XRP UNITED OÜ is not responsible for the privacy policies of these third-party websites.
IV. INFORMATION UPDATING
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that your information held by us a) is accurate with regard to the purposes for which it is to be used, and b) is not kept longer than is necessary for the fulfillment of the purpose for which it is to be used, which is when your business relationship with us ends, unless the further retention of your information is otherwise permitted or required by applicable laws.
When you access XRP UNITED OÜ, we may make use of the standard practice of placing tiny data files called cookies, flash cookies, pixel tags, or other tracking tools (herein, "Cookies") on your computer or other devices used to visit www.xrpunited.com. Cookies are small bits of data that are stored automatically on the web browser and memory of your device that can be retrieved by us. The type of information we collect includes, but is not limited to, uniquely identifying visitor information and information related to your usage preferences. We use these technologies to help us recognize you as a user, collect information about your use of www.xrpunited.com to better customize our services and content for you, and collect information about your computer or other access devices to a) ensure compliance with our KYC/AML Compliance Program and b) ensure that your account security has not been compromised by detecting irregular or suspicious account activities. By using services offered by XRP UNITED OÜ, you acknowledge and agree that we may collect and/or transmit any data collected to our third-party service providers, such as analytics providers, which may also make use of such technologies described above. Please note that if you block or delete cookies you will not be able to use some or all of our Sites functionality.
We take your privacy seriously and work hard to protect XRP UNITED OÜ and you from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of information we collect and store. We encrypt the www.xrpunited.com website with SSL; we review information collection, storage, and processing practices; and we restrict access to your information on a need-to-know basis for our employees, contractors, and agents who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.